January 18, 2014

2014: Dmitry Samarov @ LivingRoom

Above: Dmitry Samarov in his exhibition at LivingRoom on January 17, 2014.
Dmitry Samarov
"Living in Chicago"
January 17, 2014
LivingRoom
1530 W. Superior Street
Chicago, IL 60642

http://dmitrysamarov.com/

“I’ve lived in Chicago for over 20 years. For all that time I’ve drawn and painted inside and outside the places I’ve lived. Oil paintings, watercolors, charcoals and inks document what I see out windows and what I choose to bring home. I never start any of these pictures with any particular meaning in mind but the better ones are able to talk back to the viewer. They remind people of moments from their own experience. Books, chairs, dishes and such are what we all have in common. They connect us. By painting what I see every day, I’m trying to have a conversation with all the others who wake to similar views every day in this city.” - Dmitry Samarov

Quotation above from: http://www.livingroomrealty.com/archives/3120

Above: "Living in Chicago" installation view at LivingRoom on January 17, 2014.
Above:
Image (1) January 17, 2014;
Image (2) January 17, 2014;
Copyright Paul E. Germanos.

No comments:

Post a Comment