|Above: David Smith, "Cubi VII" at left; Alexander Calder, "Flying Dragon" at right.|
Stainless steel, welded and ground
The Art Institute of Chicago's North Garden
Michigan Avenue, south of Monroe Street
In the foreground of the image above, an artwork, "Cubi VII," 1963, by one of the most important American sculptors of the post-war era, David Smith (1906-1965), is shown in The Art Institute of Chicago's North Garden; in the background, "Flying Dragon," 1975, by Alexander Calder (1898-1976) is visible.
Image (1) September 20, 2006;
Copyright Paul E. Germanos.